Family & Consumer Science
Welcome to Mrs. Smith's Page!
Smithtown High School East
Family and Consumer Science is dedicated to teach students the importance of managing their home, family and careers. Our department offers courses which teach LIFE SKILLS. FACS is part of the Career and Technical Education (CTE).
GET THE FACS OF LIFE!
Introduces and reinforces the continuum of School-to-Work learning transition
· Promotes economic independence and viability for individuals and families by focusing on skill development and career education
· Integrates academics and applied knowledge from math, science, social studies and the arts
· Facilitates the study of culture and relationships within the naturally occurring context of the family society
· Develops skills for effective parenting and care-giving appropriate for varying points in the life cycle
· Provides a laboratory for practicing decision-making and problem-solving skills students can apply to real life situations
Click on the tabs above to learn more about our courses. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.